Friday, July 25, 2008

The Introduction

Most of you have probably been following from Sarah's previous blog at Journey to Sarah Lu. But for those of you who may not have, I decided that I would do an intro post.

First, Welcome to the new blog! Be sure to update your links and subscriptions to follow Sarah Lu here at: meimeiadventures.blogspot.com

Why the name "Mei Mei Adventures"?
Mei Mei is Mandarin meaning "little sister", it is pronounced like "may may". So the title of the blog is literally, "Little Sister Adventures", which I thought was fitting since it documents my life with my little sister, soon to be two!

Who I am: My name is Staci, I'm 16 years old and one of three big sisters to Sarah Lu, and soon Chayah. I traveled with my parents to China in December of 2006 to bring Sarah home. I love China and orphans around the world are my passion.


Sarah Lu! Sarah Evangeline LuHua is 4 years old (I still can't believe my baby girl is that old!). She is an absolute princess and a drama queen. She is hilariously funny and has more personality than anyone I have ever met! Sarah's Gotcha Day was December 11, 2006 at 2.5 years old. America World Adoption Association was our agency for Sarah's adoption and they were wonderful. Sarah Lu is an amazing sister and I just love her so much!

And Chayah! Chayah Elizabeth Ruby is 6 years old. Chayah is pronounced like "Khai-uh". She is still in China, but will be coming home in Fall 2008, which is rapidly approaching! I can hardly wait until she comes home! We received her referral in December 2007 and paperchased through May 2008. Our dossier went to China on June 24, 2008 and our log in date is July 3, 2008. We are using Chinese Children Adoption International for Chayah's adoption and they have been amazing. To follow more about the journey to Chayah, please visit: whenlovetakesyouin.blogspot.com
I will continue to post about Chayah on her blog "When Love Takes You In" until after she is home.




4 comments:

Jenn said...

Letting you know I made it over here! Looks GREAT!

The Stevens said...

OK crafty....those pictures are awesome...just wait....your going to be getting tons of emails with pics saying HELP ME!!!!!!!! LOVE THE BLOG!

Holly said...

Oh I love how you did the pictures! Both of your little sisters are so precious!

Deb said...

How exciting to be bringing Chayah soon!