Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Shower?

Chayah is such a funny girl! Last Saturday morning we were all getting ready for big sister Rachael's bridal shower. We had all told Chayah that we would be going to Rachael's shower and there would be friends there and it was going to be lots of fun. Then I walked into the living room where Chayah was lying on the couch. Chayah just looked at me in my dress and said, "Ughh.. where we goin?" I happily told her again, "To Rachael's shower and it's gonna be lots of fun! You need to get your dress on before we can go.." She got an extremely puzzled look on her face and asked just to clarify what she had heard me say, "We are goin to Rachael's shower??" And that's when I finally realized how some words are quite confusing- especially when you are six years old and just having spoke the language for six months. I then proceeded to explain that a bridal shower is like a big party for someone who is getting married. Hopefully that made a little bit more sense. Oh, Chayah, my silly girl, I love her so much! :)

3 comments:

The Stevens said...

It's amazing how well she is doing!! Such a sweetie!

Keri said...

What a sweetie! She needs someone to read her "Amelia Bedelia and the Surprise Shower". It is a funny look and exactly what Chayah is experiencing with our confusing language!

Keri

Dawn said...

Hey Staci!
Oh dear, I hadn't checked in in a little while. So glad all is getting better for precious Chayah. And, too cute about the shower...
Could you have your mom email me. I can't find her email address. I had a quick question for her. Thanks a bunch! dawn@mydetailsbydawn.com
Dawn