Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sarah Lu Quotes!


"When I grow up and marry someone, I'll buy these 'cause they're pretty good." (talking about muffins)

"If we didn't have ears, we couldn't hear."

Me: "Sarah, how did you get SO smart?"
Sarah: "God made me that way!" :)

We were walking out of the grocery store and it was raining outside. Sarah rolls her eyes and says, "Uhh, my hair!" We get into the van and I ask her, "What about your hair, Sarah?" She replies, "It's sick... like icky!"

While teaching Sarah subtraction, I was using little toys to represent the numbers. There were 3 and I asked her what is 3 minus 2 . Sarah responded with "No! MINE IS two, yours is one!" :-) Instead of using 'minus' I now use 'take away', and she gets it right away! What a smart little girl, she keeps us all laughing!

She had a baton that she got at the dollar store. It was liquid filled and she wasn't too careful with it. In fact, she liked to bang it against things like the walls and doors. We told her it was going to break if she wasn't more careful with it, but she didn't listen. One day, it did break. Liquid started pouring out of it. It had to be thrown away. She came in the room, saw it in the garbage, and told Mom, "But that's been in the family for years!" (Actually, she had it for about three days maximum.)

While driving in the car with the windows rolled down, the wind was blowing on Sarah in the backseat. Sarah was upset about it and said:
"This is no time for drama drama drama. My hair is blowing!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The math story cracked me up so much that my husband asked me what I was reading! I had to read it, and the baton story, too, out loud to him! Too cute!!! She is so smart!!!

Amy said...

Too precious! It's wonderful to see how Sarah Lu has grown and blossomed since her forever family day...your movie of her referral and the joining of your family stands as one of the all time most moving --- and I love them ALL, so that's saying something! God bless you all and may sweet Chaya be in your arms soon! All the best, Amy

Nikki said...

ahahaha, I always look forward to more sarah lu quotes!!

Lexie said...

Oh my goodness that girl just cracks me up!! I always love reading what that sweet girls says! I love it! You will always cherish having these sweet moments written down!

Keri said...

Oh, my! Sounds just like Claire!!! You'll have to stop by and see Claire's latest on my blog. She cracks us up too! BTW~"God made me that way" is one of her favorite things to say.

Keri